At Charter, we are dedicated to leaving a positive impact on the communities and environments in which we engage. Since our founding, sustainability, and social responsibility have been part of our core pillars. We would like to share some ongoing and upcoming sustainability and social commitments that we are making. Below are some goals we plan to attain by 2025, or continue to attain for at least 10 years. Also, below you will find more information regarding some of our achievements.
Ongoing Sustainability Commitments:
• Charter will be 100% carbon-free by 2025.
• We will use light harvesting, smart HVAC, and controlled resourcing and reduce electricity by 90% by the end of 2025.
• At the end of 2025, Charter will have reduced our packaging waste by 20%.
• Charter will retain our passive-house certification on our Corporate Headquarters in Victoria, BC through to 2029 (10 years.)
Ongoing Social Commitments:
• Charter is committed to taking on at least one community-impacting project per year - which will be supported with direct financial and time donations. We commit to continue this through 2029 (10 years.)
• Charter’s Headquarters (HQ) is the first Commercial Passive House
• Introduction: https://www.charter.ca/post/passivehouse
• Overview: https://www.charter.ca/post/thats-one-smart-building
• Passive House Canada Regulatory Official Statistics: https://www.construction21.org/case-studies/h/charter-telecom-headquarters.html?fbclid=IwAR2voVnewntRnifCOVKx858-06nximyHLn5EEwWFlW69-k7uGk8aGVGIjLM
• 2020: We continue to provide our neighboring community center and its members access to our parking lot and outdoor area every Saturday and Sunday.
• 2021: Charter included a small green space when designing our HQ with seating, bike racks, and landscaping for the community to utilize.
• 2022: We donated clothing and blankets to Our Place Society’s drop-in centre. Our Place Society provides services, housing, and food to the disadvantaged, vulnerable and homeless community of Greater Victoria.
• 2023: Charter has become a sponsor of Chip and Dale Homes in Regina, a non-profit that creates and manages family-like homes for adults with intellectual disabilities.
• 2023: We have committed to sponsoring entry for a team charity run/walk in each of the cities we are located in (Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Saskatchewan, and Toronto.) We encourage our company teams to collect pledges, and Charter matches donations up to $2,500.
For more information on Charter’s commitment to sustainability please visit: https://www.charter.ca/about
Charter is an award-winning IT solution and managed services provider established in 1997 in Victoria, BC, Canada. Our mission is to align people, process, and technologies to help build better organizations, enhance communication, boost operational performance, and modernize businesses.
Our team of experts leverage a business architecture methodology and a human-centered design approach to drive successful digital transformation for our clients, unlocking new opportunities, generating new value, and driving growth. Charter offers a comprehensive range of services, including advisory and consulting services, project services, and managed services. This allows the company to provide end-to-end solutions to clients, from planning and design to ongoing support and implementation. We offer knowledge and support that extends beyond our clients’ businesses, empowering them to focus on their core operations. Charter helps businesses generate new value, drive growth, and unlock new opportunities, enabling them to go to market faster and more effectively. Let Charter drive business outcome Forward, Together.
For more information on this blog or on Charter, please contact:
Dawn van Galen